how to audit a wordpress website
Are your experiencing a loss of traffic or low conversions on your website?
Even if you have built a new wordpess website recently, it may be that traffic is not funneling where you want it to go or your conversion rate is low. What can be ascertained from an audit is a course of action to rectify your individual issues and move towards your goals.
An audit is an analysis of each facet of your wordpress web site from structure and style through to its content, usability, practicality and performance from a conversion perspective. The audit will pinpoint weaknesses and areas that require work.
Having a professional audit will minimise the guessing on where the problems lie.
For website performance and security below some of the areas which should get covered by the audit
- Website Speed Test
- Website Caching Check
- Website CDN Check
- Latest Version of WordPress
- Latest Theme Version
- Plugin Maintenance Check
- SSL Certificate Check
- Web Application Firewall Check
- Website Backup Facility Check
- Google Analytics Check
- Image Optimisation Check
- Scripts Compression Check
- Broken Link Check
- reCAPTCHA Check
- Staging Server Check
- Latest PHP Check
- Consent Banner Check
- Responsive Check
The audit report should include a deep SEO analysis, which is an effective way to evaluate the current performance of your website in terms of:
- How search engine friendly it is ?
- How well optimised it is ?
- How well it ranks ?
- What technical or structural aspects may be hindering its success ?
Below some of the key points regarding SEO that shoud appear in the audit report.
- Review content of the website
- Keyword research
- Title Tags and Meta Descriptions
- Header Tags and semantics
- URL Structure
- Image and Video Optimisation
- Internal Contextual Linking
- Provide information on the current link profile
- Provide information on current citations for the business
- Landing Page Review and Analysis
- Technical and Structural Review
- Duplicate content
- Broken links
- Dangling links
- Similar title tags
- Duplicate meta descriptions
- Web copy editing
- HTML validation
- Browser and resolution compatibility
- Page loading times
- Site statistics
- Error pages